What a joke.Bought this software because my girlfriend recommended it, turns out she was very wrong.
First of all I got emails from them saying "act now for our lowest price EVER". And then my girlfriend gets a disc in the mail from them that was $5 cheaper? Liars. Second, the software is EXTREMELY counter intuitive.
Every time you try to do something, the way you think it should be done is far from how they actually have it set up. Third, I bought the "Delux plus state" so my girlfriend could do her state taxes with it. Turns out that it costs an EXTRA $20 to e-file your state return with this garbage software. She paid because she didn't realize that there are several websites to e-file state taxes for free.
Finally, I called their support line because the software repeatedly told me "activation code incorrect", I was on hold for an hour and 2 minutes before I finally hung up. I couldn't be more disappointed in software or a company.
I will pay an accountant $400 every year moving forward just to about the aggravation of this ridiculous program.Garbage
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Tax Software
- Review category
- Tax services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I've been using TaxAct for over 10 years and have generally been pleased. Not this year. I was filing an extension. In the past, you could go..."
- "Bought the CD downloaded it it sint explanitiry nor complete . I called their line ended in Texas they had a hard time finding the canadian phone number as it..."
- "Update 8-2-13 - The AZ State Board of Accountancy issued formal disciplinary actions against Thomas K. Frazier with respect to the complaint filed October 2012 as described below. However, additional..."
- "I am a disabled citizen of Pittsburgh, PA. I am dually enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid as I cannot afford copays, bills, etc. I live on a Social Security..."
- " On my way home from work I went to the bakery dept. and picked up a large round chocolate chip cookie and told the staff what I wanted written..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."